.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Crescent Cinnamon Rolls

Are you like me and love crescent rolls AND cinnamon buns?  If so you've gotta try Crescent Cinnamon Rolls.  They are as easy as they are delicious.

I found the recipe recently via the lovely and highly addictive Pinterest. The recipe comes from The Hungry Housewife, which from the little bit of time I've peeked around looks like a cute blog with some tempting recipes.  The Crescent Cinnamon Rolls literally took me minutes to make, and only needed to bake for 10-12 minutes.  The icing that is drizzled on top took less than a minute to make and totally put these babies over the top.  

From Roots And Renovations
So far I've managed to use restraint and have only eaten half of one, I generously shared the other half with my Picky Eater aka my Big Bad Dad.  He's not one to rave over anything, but I took the fact that I heard not one word of complaint to mean that he enjoyed his share.  My half was still warm when I took that first bite of gooey, buttery, sweet deliciousness, and all I could think was "These will be SO good tomorrow for breakfast with a cup of coffee."  I'm not even a morning person and I'm looking forward to the A.M. because of today's creation.  

I'm betting you have everything on hand to make these except maybe the crescent roll dough, and I urge you to grab your keys now and go pick some up so you can make these already!  Don't just take my word on how good these are, try them yourself and let me know what you think.


Crescent Cinnamon Rolls

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8
Ingredients
  • 1 tube (8 count) Crescent Rolls, unrolled and seperated
  • 5 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 1/2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, mix filling ingredients together until completely combined.
  3. Evenly spread the filling mixture over the unrolled crescent triangles and roll up.
  4. Place tip side down on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown.
  5. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. (I recommend leaving the rolls on the foil or parchment and transferring the whole thing to the cooling rack.)
  6. Combine glaze ingredients together and using a spoon drizzle over rolls.

1 comments:

I am so glad you enjoyed them!!!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites