.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Mexican Monday - Taco Pie

Around here we love Mexican food. The flavors are robust yet simple, and just so fresh. Even though we love it, we don't eat it frequently and when we do we keep it simple, tacos, nachos, black beans, and occasionally I'll make quesadillas, or enchiladas. Those last two are rarities though because Picky Eater isn't a huge fan of flour tortillas. Me? I love 'em! I'll eat them straight from the package, or slathered with some Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Butter, which by the way is AMAZING!

From Roots And Renovations

Recently, I had a craving for Mexican so I decided to make Taco Pie, a super easy casserole style Mexican dish, with one of my favorite ingredients, crescent rolls! The base of this dish is a pre-baked crescent roll layer topped with taco seasoned ground beef and some other goodies. I've been making this dish for a while, and have adapted the original recipe to suit our tastes. I think my kicked up version is even better if I do say so myself.

This recipe can easily be modified to suit your family's tastes, or even doubled to feed a larger family than my little one. I haven't tried this with anything other than ground beef, but I'm sure it would be great with shredded chicken as well.

From Roots And Renovations

When I go to a Mexican restaurant one of my favorite parts of the meal is the rice, and I've tried several different recipes in an attempt to have the same deliciousness at home. I've never had any complete failures, but no recipe I've tried has come close until now! I have finally come up with my own version of restaurant style Mexican rice, and it's super easy. Stay tuned tomorrow for my Rice Cooker Restaurant Style Mexican Rice!

Taco Pie

Ingredients

  • 1 tube (8 count) Crescent Rolls
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
  • 1/2 can mexicorn, drained
  • 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or Mexican cheese blend

Cooking Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray 9x9 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and lay crescent dough flat on bottom of pan. Bake according to package directions.
  3. Brown ground beef over medium high heat. Drain grease and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning package and cook according to packet directions.
  4. When crescent dough is fully pour meat mixture over top, and spread evenly.
  5. Layer remaining ingredients in the following order: diced tomatoes with green chiles, mexicorn, crushed tortilla chips, followed by shredded cheese.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. or until cheese is melted.
  7. Optional: top with sour cream and shredded lettace

2 comments:

I love the crescent rolls in this casserole. Will try it some time. Love your blog Justin.

Thanks Penny! It's an awesome and easy dish that I've been making for several years now, and crescent rolls are one of my favorite things I can work into a dish. I definitely recommend it! When you try it let me know what you think.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites